The past year has dictated massive shifts in content marketing in 2021 for companies around the globe. Consumer behaviour changed dramatically in 2020 and content marketing is now firmly on the agenda for most companies regardless of their size.
Research by Semrush, an online visibility management and content marketing SaaS platform that helps over 6m customers globally has shown that 84% of companies have a Content Marketing strategy. Most companies write content for blog articles, 92% of companies do this, a rise of 6%. For the first time ever content for social media has overtaken content for emails, not by much but still ahead of the game.
Content Marketing for Social Media
A lot of people recommend Instagram however research by Semrush shows Facebook and Linked are 36% effective whilst Instagram is 9%. This means that you have to really look at where you are putting your content and reviewing and evaluating ROI.
Many of the clients are small businesses and my advice is to create a blog article, add the first paragraph to your social media posts (or first couple of sentences if using Twitter) with a link back to your blog article. This way you are encouraging traffic back to your website and you can monitor this via any analytics tool you are using.
Many companies used to outsource this however the current climates has forced many companies to do this themselves. Content Marketing in 2021 will be done mainly inhouse by small companies whilst larger companies will employer writers to do this are upskill current marketing staff. So what can you do to help your content:
- Think about what you want to say and who you are going to say this to
- If you do not have a blog and only use social media, plan what you are going to say and a content planner is a good way to keep on top of this
- Ensure your content has the keywords at the beginning and dotted throughout
- Ensure your blog article has the keywords in the keyword line and in the meta-description
- Use hashtags using the keywords on social media posts
- Use Google Trends to ensure what you are writing about is what people are searching for
- Always give a link back to your blog article
- Encourage readers to share
- Measure effectiveness and this can be via increased sales, visits to website, downloads etc.
- Review, reflect and renew as necessary
If you have any questions with regard to your content planning, please give me a call on 07446 298661 or via the contact page.